Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Miracle of Forgiveness 3.23.15

emailing from.... AMBATO!!!  So transfers were today and i am just a little freaked out and here´s why!  Last night our district leader told me that i was leaving the ward (after 6 months :( ) and headed for mira flores in Ambato.  I was really excited because he told me that i would be finishing someone´s training again, which i had already done, so i felt experienced and ready!  Leaving my ward yesterday was really hard.  I cried.  But i know that the Lord has a plan for me and that i am here in Ambato for a reason. So anyways today we get to Ambato to find my companion and my new district leader tells me that i am not finishing someone´s training, but STARTING and OPENING a sector!!  When he told me that i literally felt so afraid, but i KNOW that there is a reason and that he will give me the strength and confidence to train and open this sector!  

This last week we saw a lot of miracles.  On Monday we saw Alex drinking and we felt so sad about it.  He had promised to keep the word of wisdom, but he really had only made the promise to us, the missionaries.  So we went to visit him on Friday and we taught the lesson over again.  And we explained that living the word of wisdom isnt a "whenever i want" sort of thing, but forever.  We made a list of all the reasons why he wants to stop drinking and put them all over his room.  After he said a prayer, and he promise God that he would never drink again.  It was a miracle.  I feel a little sad that I wont be there for his baptism, but i know that we were able to help him change his life, and i feel so grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to do so.   

The mission is full of miracles, but i think that the greatest miracle i have seen is in myself.  The changes i am experiencing in my life, and the person i am becoming.  I love the Lord for giving me this opportunity.  I have truly felt the miracle of forgiveness and change in my life. 
As mortals, we may not, indeed cannot, understandfully how the Savior fulfilled His atoning sacrifice. But for now the how is not as important as the why of His suffering. Why did He do it for you, for me, for all of humanity? He did it for the love of God the Father andall mankind. “Greater love hath no man than this, that man lay down his life for his friends” 

promise that the brilliant morning of forgiveness can come. Then “the peace of God, which passeth all understanding” (Philippians 4:7comes into your life once again, something like sunrise, and you and He“will remember [your] sin no more” (Jeremiah 31:34).How will you know? You will know! (See Mosiah 4:1–3.)elder boyd packer 

He gave his life for us.  And through him, we can be clean again.  What a wonderful life we live!! 

tengo gozo en mi alma HOY!! 
Now go share your love with someone!! 

les quiero mucho.  
hermana neff 

My last day with Hermana Molina. I love her with all my heart!
this is hector.  He is from columbia and we told him not to touch us to take the picture but he did anyway
This is Alex! He is hilarious 
There are always horses in Ecuador