Monday, March 30, 2015

Ambato 3.30.15


HOLA MI AMADA FAMILIA! 

What a joy to be writing you all this week!  It has been quite a week!  
So on Monday i traveled to Ambato.  It is about a 3 hour bus ride from Quito and it was quite lovely!  So fun to see a lot more of Ecuador after 6 months of the same ward!  Although i do miss them all a lot, i know that God has put me here in Ambato for a reason!  

So anyways i was in a trio for two days with Hermana Merril and Hermana Coronado. We were pretty much just in the house for these two days because Hermana Merril was super sick... parasites. We left the house on Tuesday and she fainted (dont worry i caught her)... so after that we stayed in the house to rest.  

On Wednesday i went to get my hija.  They talked to us a lot about training and how we really make the difference in the missions of these missionaries!  I feel like i have a huge responsability which is really scary but exciting. Oh i forgot to tell you, its kinda funny because my companion from the MTC (hermana Roach) is also training!  We are the only sisters in the mission right now that are training and opening sectors!  Ok so anyways i got my hija!! SWEETEST HUMAN!  I think she is helping me learn how to have 5 million times the charity that i have right now.  Her name is Hermana Maldonado and she is from Chile.  On thursday we had our Reunion de Zona and they were all telling me that i have a chilean accent now!  Not sure how i developed that in one day.... 

Once we got to Ambato i literally had no idea where to start.  The Carpeta was más o menos and our house was DISGUSTING!!  And the hermanas before didnt have too many investigators.  So we sort of started from scratch.  But with the blessings and help of the Lord we found four new investigators in two days!  We found one of them on Friday and her name is Rosa.  If you havent figured it out by now every woman in Ecuador is either named Rosa or Maria.  Anyways we started teaching her in her store.  She told us that she had never prayed.  I started the lesson with the opening prayer.  I looked at her after i finished and she had tears in her eyes.  My companion and I asked her if she was okay and she told us that she was going throught some really hard things in her life right now and just needed some peace.  As she cried I felt so grateful that God had put her in our path so that we could help her find the hope that is only found within the gospel. 

"peace i leave with you, my peace i give unto you: not as the world giveth, give i unto you.  Let not your heart be troubles neither let it be afraid." John 14:26


As i have been contacting a lot this week i have realized a lot of things. I have realized that The Lord doesnt always give us spiritual promptings of the people that we need to talk to or contact, but that he expects us to talk to EVERYONE.  So we are talking to EVERYONE.  In buses, taxis, streets, stores etc. And if there is time we contact. We have been finding so many people to teach just by talking to every person in our path.  

Sunday was a really great day.  I loved getting to know the ward members.  It is a small ward and they need A LOT of help.  I was talking with my companion the other day and we talked about how we just feel like big things await us here in this sector.  And we feel like the Lord has put us her to not only find those he has prepared for us, but to also help strengthen the ward members.  I feel so blessed to have been put in this area.  I love it! 

Today we didnt do anything but clean our house!  It was so gross.  And i dont blame the hermanas that were there before, i blame every missionary that has every lived there! jajaja but really it was pretty disgusting.  

This week we end our sacrifices.  I feel like i have seen so many miracles, but mostly within myself. As i have read the BOM i have seen just how much it talks about Christ.  I love him.  I am grateful for the Book of Mormon in our lives.  It is a book FULL of power.  I love the gospel and i love the mission!  

I am praying for you all and i LOVE YOU!! 

Hermana Neff 

casual bird in their house...
My comp likes to braid.... I'm not complaining....

No comments:

Post a Comment