Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Ambato 5.25.15





hola chicos y chicas 

HOW ARE YOU ALL!!  I am doing great.  This has been another weird week.  I will explain all ahoríta mismo.  

So monday and tuesday and wedenesday were normal, but on thursday my companion was really sick so we hardly worked.  Then on Friday the ward sort of left an activity to us and we had to plan it all... so we were in the church almost all day.   My comp and i made dulce de leche with pancakes and the ward LOVED IT!  It actually ended up being a really good activity and a lot of people came.  That night i was talking with my companion.  We were talking about what we feel like we have been able to do in this area.  We havent had too many baptisms, and we havent had a lot of sucess with investigators coming to church.  But we have seen MIRACLES with the ward.  When we got here the ward was really struggling with attendance, organization, and general love between members.  We have been able to see a complete transformation, which it such a blessing.  I dont know why The Lord sent me here at this time, but i know that is a reason.... and i am working to do everything i can to be better.  I was reading in Enos this week about the records or in other words, the scriptures.  At this time, the Lamanites were not ready to recieve the records, but Enos prayed that the Lord would preserve them so that one day they would accept them.

 15 Wherefore, I knowing that the Lord God was able to preserve our records, I cried unto him continually, for he had said unto me: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith,believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it.

 16 And I had faith, and I did cry unto God that he would preserve the records; and he covenanted with me that he would bring them forth unto the Lamanites in his own due time.

The Lord covenanted to bring the records in HIS DUE TIME.  (aka not mine)  This is sometimes hard for me to accept, the Lord´s timing, His will.  

So we are teaching Senaida right now.  She is 18 years old and SO PREPARED!! Her brothers are members, right now but she never joined the church.  She accepted a baptismal date for June 6th so we´ll see what happens.  I really really love her.  

Another thing that i was reading in Enos this week.  

26 And I saw that I must soon go down to my grave, having been wrought upon by the power of God that I must preach and prophesy unto this people, and declare the word according to the truth which is in Christ. And I have declared it in all my days, and have rejoiced in it above that of the world.

I love that it says that he declared the truth and "rejoiced in it above that of the world."  Sometimes i get caught up in the world.  I worry about numbers, what my leaders think of me, and my own talents and abilities.  I forget to trust completely and 100% in the Lord.  And my desire for praise of the world (or other missionaries) comes before the love i have for The Lord, and the Love and pride i want him to feel for me and my work as a missionary.  He is teaching me so much.  I love Him.

Another scriptural inspiration this week.  

 11 But I am like as yourselves, subject to all manner of infirmities in body and mind; yet I have been chosen by this people, and consecrated by my father, and was suffered by the hand of the Lord that I should be a ruler and a king over this people; and have been kept and preserved by his matchless power, to serve you with all the might, mind and strength which the Lord hath granted unto me.

As i read this i asked myself "why has the Lord preserved me?"  And why has he preserved every one of you?  It is to serve those around us with all our might, mind, and strenth.  Do not forget that.  

I love you all so much!  I hope you have an excellent week!   Serve and love everyone around you!  

Hermana Neff

No comments:

Post a Comment