Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Riobamba 8.17.15

Hello!

This week was very special because we were able to have a member of the 70, Elder Waddel, come and talk to us.  We had the conference in Ambato and i was SO HAPPY to see Ambato!  I saw members of the ward and people that i really really love.  So that was fun!  

Anyways Elder Waddel talked about some really special things.  What i found the most inspiring was how he told us that when we make fun of people that are obedient (in the mission but it also applies to everyone) we are making fun of the Savior himself, because he was the MOST obedient of us all.  There are so many people in this world that will laugh at us for our obedience the the commandments of God.  Paige in her email talked to me about how there is a lot of evil in this world, but that there is also a lot of good.  And we have the power to be that good!  The Savior is our perfect example, and he overcame ALL evil. we are representatives of Him in HIS church.... and we must act as He would.  Elder Waddell also talked about how God reserved us to be missionaries in this time, and that before this life we defended His plan of salvation.  It was a very spiritual experience to be able to listen to one of the chosen servants of The Lord.  

This week we got in a small car accident.  My companion and i are fine, but we were in a taxi and i saw the car coming towards where i was sitting, i screamed and the taxi driver swerved and the truck that hit us destroyed the front of the car.  My companion told me that she swears she saw the car coming directly toward the door where i was sitting, but it hit further up and no one was hurt.  It was a miracle and i know that God was protecting us!  My companion and I paid the taxi driver and walked away from the site so it wasnt too grave!  


Also, maybe you have heard... cotopaxi exploded!  I saw the lava coming towards the city and we had to run to high ground.  Luckily our house wasnt covered....
jaja just kidding cotopaxi is on the other side of the mountains so i cant even see it, and apparently it is shooting off ash towards Quito, so we didnt even know it happened!  But its pretty exciting here because that hasnt happened in a long time!  

In my study this morning i was reading a scripture that really touched me.  

John 13:17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

I think that there have been so many times in my life when.  I know what is right, I want to do what is right, and i feel that i should do what is right.... but then i dont do it!   And I feel sad and repent. Sometimes we arent as obedient as we should be, or we dont work  like we know we need to (shout out to sestra nydegger and her email this week) and sometimes we just simply fall short!  We are human, and we are going to make mistakes.  But if we KNOW that something is right then we better do it!  Because it is what truly makes us happy.  And if we dont know that these things are right and true, then we better work toward gaining a firm testimony, because it is the ONLY way to true happiness in this life. Our actions should always reflect our desires.  

I love the Lord.  I love my mission.  I am recognizing everyday the beauty of feeling the spirit and following it. I have learned that lots of times the spirit isnt a voice, nor a feeling.... but an righteous thought and idea, that when acted upon is powerful.  And as we act on this righteous thoughts and ideas, the spirit testifies to us that they come from him.  

I love you all! 
Have a HAPPY HAPPY week!!

Hermana Neff 


No comments:

Post a Comment