Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Riobamba 8.3.15

Ok WOW! 

So this has been a crazy week of adjusting to Riobamba, and REALLY missing Ambato!  But i am excited to get going here!

My companion is Hermana Costa:
{she is the furthest from me in this pic}

She was actually my sister training leader a few months ago and now we are companions!  We get along really well and we are having fun!  She is from Venezuela. I am really learning a lot from her and we have been seeing miracles this week!  I have been feeling the spirit SO strongly in the lessons.  He guides me, and i know what to say.  It is truly amazing.  

We have been finding a lot of new people to teach and i just am really loving it here! What more can i say?? jajaja being a missionary is the best, and serving in Ecuador is SUCH a blessing!

So in Riobamba there is a volcano really close.  This one isnt active... it is called chimborazo and it is THE BIGGEST MOUNTAIN/THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!! I couldnt get a good picture this week but i have never seen anything so massive.  Seriously i look at it i just know that if it explodes it will be the end of the world:

Also today, i saw a bee that was four times the size of a normal bee. They are everywhere here.  Ok another thing that you should know about Riobamba.  It is a city that was founded by the spaniards.  I have never seen so many catholic churches in my whole entire life.  They are beautiful and literally on every corner in the city:

When we get up higher into the mountains they are filled with catholic churches.  It makes the setting nicer, but the work a whole lot harder!  Another thing, the mountains are huge! Like i would say twice the size of Utah mountains.  Maybe that is an exaggeration, but really they are giant!  

The rama is great.  We are a branch because the people here need to pay tithing and they need more priesthood leaders.  So Hermana Costa and I have set goals to help the ward members, less actives, and investigators with this.  I hope i can make a diference here!  

I am just feeling ready to work and love my sector, and love the hermanas.  This week we start divisions and we are in Quito today and tomorrow for a leaders conference.  I think it might cost me a little at first to not be able to work in my sector every day of the week, but i know that i have been called for a reason. so i am just ready to do my best!  

I love you all so much.  I know the gospel is true.  Life is happy!

Hermana Neff

adlfj

No comments:

Post a Comment